Frequently Asked Questions
The world of robotics is growing fast and the demand for engineers with the right skills far exceeds the talent pool. This program represents an unique opportunity to develop and furnish these on-demand skills. The program will enable you to exhibit a rich portfolio by giving you exposure to hands on experience on robotics projects, both in simulation and on real hardware.
With this program you would be able to give an edge to your career graph. Towards the end of the program, you can Design, Build, Create & Deploy Robots & Algorithms that would make a huge difference in the field and kick-start your career as a Robotics Application Research Engineer who are very RARE in this world.
The program is designed to give a strong research orientation combined with a problem based learning approach. It has the right balance of theory and practical application of the theory.
The first half of the program concentrates on building a strong research orientation through courses like
- “Introduction to Scientific Working” followed by “Advanced Scientific Working”, where you will learn the best ways to perform a literature survey, read, write a research paper and make sense of a robotic trends
- Mathematics for Robots & Control, that enables you to understand principles, logics, mathematical equations behind algorithms
- Autonomous Mobile Cognitive Robots, which will give you the basic foundation in the world of robots, from locomotion to perception needs of a Robot.
- After the first step – you can choose your specialization from the following areas
- Perception – Speech/Vision/Touch - Playing with Sensors and how to extract the optimised data from the sensor data
- Learning & Adaptivity - Understand, Apply and come up with new techniques in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Mechatronics – Understand Mechanical and Electronic components of a robot and come-up with new control algorithms, manipulation and design robots that matter
- Cyber-Physical Systems - Smart Devices and Internet of Things for Industry 4.0 & Well Being
- The Second step of the program focusses on Agile Project Development
- A group project which aims to bring a robot to life
- Project Management Skills
- Advanced Scientific Working, which will
- Expose you to opportunities in various industries
- Help you formulate a personalized Research Problem worthy of solving
The 2nd half fo the program focuses is on Solving the Formulated Research Problem.
More information about the program and its components can be found here.
Step 1 – Apply through our Website – Talk to our In-House Wise Assistant “Sassy” – understanding things you have done in this field
Step 2 – Schedule a Face-to-Face or a Face-to-Robot interview
Step 3 – if shortlisted, you will be sent a Contract
Step 4 – Sign and Send the Contract!
You must have previous knowledge of math (calculus, linear algebra, statistics) and basic physics.
You must also have intermediate-level programming experience in Python or similar language. Experience with ROS, C++ and machine learning experience are helpful but not required.
Costs & Job Market
Our goal with this program is to equip you with the most valuable skills in this field; the skills top companies are looking for as they search for the next generation of robotics talent. Enter the search terms “Robotics Engineer” in Glassdoor, Indeed, or any other major job search engine, and you’ll find thousands of openings all over the world in a diversity of industries.
You will learn practical application of robotics concepts like perception, localization, path planning, iot and controls using the languages and frameworks that are in demand in the industry.
When you solve the task successfully, you will win the prize.